< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: questions re praxeology of world-system change

by g kohler

19 November 1999 13:10 UTC

see, my comment at the end

-----Original Message-----
From: Emilio José Chaves <chavesej@hotmail.com>
To: WORLD SYSTEMS NETWORK <wsn@csf.colorado.edu>
Date: November 17, 1999 5:31 PM
Subject: questions re praxeology of world-system change

>Hi, Gert and other friends,
>Here, some opinions:
>1) On praxeology question
>a. I also see a positive and valuable group of well intentioned, equiped
and
>trained "avant gard" persons, already leading this renewal process in some
>way.
>b. Good leaders are always welcome, and they emerge according to the
moment,
>to their work, and to the people around them.
>c. (Older theories of the avant-garde would have to be modernized
>accordingly.) Yes, with a systemic alternate vision, imagination, and with
>simple language for communicating with grass-root groups. This may require
>nice inter/intra disciplinary effort, and an effort  at all possible levels
>to develop effective proposals and actions.
>d. There are some complicated terms in this text, like systemic,
>avant-garde, praxeology, inter/intra disciplinary, and others that may be
>fine at this level of chat, but that must be changed into simpler ones,
when
>communicating with other groups.
>2) On non-violence
>a) There seems to be also agreement in non-violent methods in most of
>contributions read. This is related to point 1).
>b) But given that the line that separates violence from non-violence is so
>slim, and given that active people will face situations of tight decision
in
>whatever field they volunteer, and in order to avoid the building of a
>self-justified tautology, my proposal is:
>Let's deposit the ultimate moral judgement in an exterior, morally superior
>group, conformed by persons beyond suspicion. I am speaking of people of
the
>level of Albert Schwitzer, mother Theresa, Luther King, Ghandi, ... Of
>course they must be alive, and accesible. But perhaps some religious
>leaders, scientifics, budist masters, zen masters, shaman masters,  great
>women,  and others that you suggest, might accept to act as a superior
>consulting instance in cases where we have no clarity.
>This consulting group will not replace our personal responsibility of
>course. But as a guidance of personal behaviour let's try to act in such a
>way that if there is a chance of making a serious mistake, we will do the
>best to assure that if it happends, our mistake will be in favour of the
>weakest and less protected persons /communities /ecosystems of the world.
>Thanks,
>Emilio
>Pasto, Colombia, S.A.

Hi, Emilio and friends

your remarks remind me of the African National Congress, Nelson Mandela,
Bishop Tutu and their successful struggle to abolish apartheid. There you
had a politician who can communicate in simple and clear terms with his
people and his opponents (Mandela) and a spiritual leader who gave advice on
difficult moral issues which arose from the struggle (Tutu).

Gert