< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

questions re praxeology of world-system change

by Emilio José Chaves

17 November 1999 22:27 UTC

Hi, Gert and other friends,
Here, some opinions:
1) On praxeology question
a. I also see a positive and valuable group of well intentioned, equiped
and
trained "avant gard" persons, already leading this renewal process in some
way.
b. Good leaders are always welcome, and they emerge according to the
moment,
to their work, and to the people around them.
c. (Older theories of the avant-garde would have to be modernized
accordingly.) Yes, with a systemic alternate vision, imagination, and with
simple language for communicating with grass-root groups. This may require
nice inter/intra disciplinary effort, and an effort  at all possible levels
to develop effective proposals and actions.
d. There are some complicated terms in this text, like systemic,
avant-garde, praxeology, inter/intra disciplinary, and others that may be
fine at this level of chat, but that must be changed into simpler ones,
when
communicating with other groups.
2) On non-violence
a) There seems to be also agreement in non-violent methods in most of
contributions read. This is related to point 1).
b) But given that the line that separates violence from non-violence is so
slim, and given that active people will face situations of tight decision
in
whatever field they volunteer, and in order to avoid the building of a
self-justified tautology, my proposal is:
Let's deposit the ultimate moral judgement in an exterior, morally superior
group, conformed by persons beyond suspicion. I am speaking of people of
the
level of Albert Schwitzer, mother Theresa, Luther King, Ghandi, ... Of
course they must be alive, and accesible. But perhaps some religious
leaders, scientifics, budist masters, zen masters, shaman masters,  great
women,  and others that you suggest, might accept to act as a superior
consulting instance in cases where we have no clarity.
This consulting group will not replace our personal responsibility of
course. But as a guidance of personal behaviour let's try to act in such a
way that if there is a chance of making a serious mistake, we will do the
best to assure that if it happends, our mistake will be in favour of the
weakest and less protected persons /communities /ecosystems of the world.
Thanks,
Emilio
Pasto, Colombia, S.A.