< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: questions re praxeology of world-system change

by cem somel

19 November 1999 09:08 UTC

In my humble opinion, the avant-guard group  becomes so,  not mainly
through its
articulate skills, computer access or motivation - but more by dint of its
understanding of the main social contradictions in the system and a concrete
program to change it. Correct theory and realistic pragmatic programs will
muster the force for change. What is the theory and the program?
On non-violence: non-violent persuasion, propagating ideas, open and
democratic
organization are the methods to be espoused. But what should be done if the
opponent ("the system") resorts to violence, as happens ever so frequently
in
the periphery?
Respectfully,
C. Somel