Re: Anglo-German competition for Zionist support in WWI
by Buddy Grizzard
23 October 2002 07:02 UTC

Mr. Spector,

You wrote:

"It should make other members of the WSN list uneasy that this type of
posting appears on a list with which we are all associated."

Forgive me if I inject my own opinion here, but this comes across to me as
more of a smear than a criticism.

"I don't know anything about John Leonard."

John Leonard is the publisher of British political scientist Nafeez Mossadeq
Ahmed's seminal book on 9/11, "The War on Freedom." This book should be the
standard university text for any serious student of the prehistory and
history of 9/11.

After the book was published in Italy, Gore Vidal took out a full page ad in
a major Italian daily praising it, and it subsequently sold out the first
two printings. Subsequent to that, one million Italians converged on Rome to
protest the Bush administration's desire to preemptively strike Iraq.

And while working on Cynthia McKinney's last campaign, after she had
requested through me that the 9/11 research community do all it could to
educate the voters of Georgia's 4th Congressional District about the facts
of 9/11, Mr. Leonard donated a case of books to the campaign and was
supportive of my own personal efforts.

In my opinion, the single greatest way to derail the administrations plans
for open-ended war is to expose the administration's clearly-established
criminal negligence and probable complicity on 9/11. Mr. Ahmed's brilliant
scholarly work has provided us with an indispensible tool to try to make
that happen. As Leonard Lewin wrote in his political satire "Report From
Iron Mountain":

"A more expedient reason for pursuing the investigation of alternate ways
and means to serve the current functions of war is narrowly political. It is
possible that one or more major soveriegn nations may arrive, through
ambiguous leadership, at a position in which a ruling administrative class
may lose control of basic public opinion or of its ability to rationalize a
desired war." [Iron Mountain, P. 91]

Leonard writes that a transfer from a war system to a peace system carries
many dangers and difficulties. But he concludes that contingency plans for a
transfer to a peace system must be fully investigated and prepared for the
above reason: Through ambiguous leadership, a ruling class may lose its
ability to rationalize a desired war... and then peace could start breaking
out all over the place whether we're ready for it or not.

This is how I see the situation we're in today. The administration is going
to need a Gulf of Tonkin/Pearl Harbor/Operation Northwoods to pin on Iraq,
because they HAVE lost control of public opinion. And some of the credit for
that goes to educators like John Leonard and Nafeez Ahmed.

"If we can't criticize each other in hopes of making our work better, then,
what is it we are trying to accomplish?"

I quite agree, and please allow me to offer my own criticism. A derogatory
phrase like "this type of posting," sounds more like an attempt to dismiss
Mr. Leonard's post than an attempt to improve it.

Respectfully,

Buddy Grizzard