< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: A final note

by Emilio José Chaves

19 November 1999 03:43 UTC

Dear people,
I request Starlife not to associate my points of view with his. It is as
important to defend Mumia's life, as the movilization about Seattle WTO, as
to debate general questions here, as to explain concrete situations, as to
build better world models. I write from a convulsioned nation, under
economic, social and war crisis.

At this moment, inside Colombia, there is an strong armed opposition to the
bestiality of our US-obedient regime. Even from a pacifist stand, it is
necessary to understand  the reasons of self-defense fighting against gov
brutality and cinicism: with US backing, and our taxes, elites pay the army
to kill as many guerrillas as they can in the battle field, and to give
money-support-information to their sub-contracted paras -groups of
mercenaries- to kill civils as they please. Army give support to those
killers, then retire from zone, then their paras come an make the killing
and torturing, and 2 days later army reappears saying that they were doing
some mission outside the region.
Government and elites do this in order to avoid any human right violation
claim, but they have made mistakes enough to be condemned by human rights
groups, but not by central nations elites because those elites and our
elites work together since long ago. Paramilitarism terror is an state
policy, backed by our elites and US elites.
So, I do not accept when Starlife calls me humble and spiritually more
advanced than other WP participants. Indeed, I believe that any effort to
build a world convivence is not only a conscious change, but at the same
time a political change. However, it is important to differentiate US-elite
from US- people in general, so I disagree with those that say that the
enemy
is US (just what the elites want to listen from foreign lefts to justify
their armamentism and violent manicheism, thus closing the immorally
self-justified tautology).

Emilio