< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: A final note

by Mitchell L Gold C.A.

19 November 1999 04:39 UTC

On Starlife's final note:

I find it sad that we who want change to happen cannot find common ground to work from.

The point of a World Party must be an upleveling of our thinking and processes.  It is our challenge to ourselves to determine a process for working together.

Is the line being drawn in the sand and there are those that desire to have the World Party be either this/ or that/.  More important will be our process in how we use our unique skills and talents to understand that war like behaviour is not what will be under the "control" of a world party.  Quite the contrary - the world party will encourage Peacemakers - not continue the need for Peacekeepers.  I trust this is the distinguishing characteristic that we would like to see in a World Party.

I agree with Hans, but this is note my final note.

Peace to the hearts of those who are on the front lines.  But it may be helpful to remember that feeding the warriors in our friends may be more damaging than feeding those who prefer to see the battles continue.

It  gets clearer every day that education is the cornerstone upon which we will build peace in the 21st century.    The messages are also clear and there are five now.

1) the golden rule
2) be aware when you are feeding the warriors on a physical, mental, emotional or spiritual level.
3) learn the importance of breathing - learn one breathing exercise
4) honour the sacred in everything
5) ask yourself - how does this behaviour/decision/etc assist  developing a "Culture of Peace"

Let the World Party adopt these as their common values.  If not now, when?

Peace

Mitchell Gold G.A.
IAEWP
IPC 2000
Proclamation 2000
mgold@homeplanet.org
website: http://www.homeplanet.org
416-924-4449

The ten most used words in the English Language:   Try and put them into a sentence that makes sense.

and, be, have, I , it, of,  me, the,  will, you.   (Good Luck!)

One version:  I have the will: it be of me; and you?