< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Democratization and intenational parliaments

by UPF

30 May 1999 16:41 UTC

"Robert M. Cutler" wrote:

> I will be grateful for any pointers, the more specific the better, that list
> subscribers may be able provide to any or all of the following related
> matters:
>
> 1. Theoretical or empirical work about international parliaments other
> than the EP, preferably but not necessarily in comparative perspective.
>
> 2. Theoretical or empirical work about democratization in relation to
> international parliaments, whether regraded from a global, regional, or
> national analytic standpoint.
>
> 3. Specific work on these topic by, or contact coordinates of Held,
> Archibugi, or others whom I understand to have written on the issues
> involved in matters (1) and/or (2).

You should visit http://www.ourvoices.org
They are working to help the UN become more democratic
through the establishment of local to global peoples assemblies
They recently approved a declaration at The Hague Appeal for Peace Conference
held a couple of weeks ago.

Please see attached for the Declaration.

I hope this helps.

--
                                                 Your Friend in Peace,
                                                        Glen Nuttall

"Courageous Knowledgeable People,
               United Compassionate World,
                              Committed Responsible Future"

"Out of Respect for Diversity
           comes Recognition of Fundamental Freedoms,
                      Individual Rights,
                                 and Legitimate Responsibilities"

"In the common interest of a Lasting World Peace
                      through a Unified Planetary Assembly"

Declaration for a Global Peoples Assembly.rtf