< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Democratization and International Parliaments

by peoples

31 May 1999 20:45 UTC

Dear Glen,

Thank you for your very positive invitation.

As we undoubtedly share the ultimate goals, we look forward to
cooperation in all possible ways.

Judged by your website I must conclude, however, that we do not
share the evaluation of the situation. Therefore we choose
quite different ways toward the solutions.

We say: All economic and political power is concentrated in the
transnational corporations, their mass media monopoly and their
politicians. And the contradiction to the people is antagonistic.

Consequently, the United Nations governed by these politicians
has become an instrument of the corporations. Recently this has
become more and more openly admitted.

Therefore NGO-cooperation with the present UN is a support of
the corporations and contrary to our policy.

With kind regards,

Ole Fjord Larsen,co-organizer,
the formative world parliament of the united peoples