< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Democratization and International Parliaments

by UPF

30 May 1999 16:55 UTC

peoples@post4.tele.dk wrote:

> Here is the simple, logic and realistic recipee that meets the
> urgent needs of the present situation:
> http://www.unitedpeoples.net
>
> Practical details follow:
>
> CONSUMERS OF ALL COUNTRIES, UNITE !
>
> The peoples have no say.
> All economic and political power is concentrated in the trans-
> national corporations, their mass media monopoly and their
> politicians.
>
> And from their point of view people are only of interest
>
> 1. - as slave labour, only to be kept barely alive at minimum
> existence level,
> - this giving rise to the general class struggle -
>
> but at the same time also
>
> 2. - as consumers to keep the profit machinery running at
> maximum speed.
> The great potential of this other more pleasant role of ours so
> far has only been exploited to a very limited extent and only
> for defensive purposes.
>
> So let us expand the class struggle with exploiting this
> potential in an OFFENSIVE strategy:
>
> Let us utilize the contradictions existing within the robber
> barons castle to our advantage and disarm their imperialist
> struggle over markets and resources before it now once again
> will lead to world war.
>
> Let us utilize the fact that it is our money the robbers are
> fighting over, and play the predators out against eachother,
> before they succeed in completing the monopolization process.
>
> Why should we always remain on the defensive although the
> salesmen are completely dependent on our willingness to buy
> their products !
>
> GLOBALLY
>
> the consumers' power may be utilized for internationalization
> of the corporations.
> This is the only strategy  for saving our planet. It necessitates
> the formation of the World Parliament of THE UNITED PEOPLES, cf.
> http://www.unitedpeoples.net   (under construction).
>
> REGIONALLY and NATIONALLY
>
> the consumers' power may be utilized for the people's takeover
> of the ownership or part of the profits of national companies
> and local corporate production and distribution enterprises.
>
> In each country a United Peoples Party or, to start with, a
> Consumers' Power Committee, "CPC", comprising progressive
> mass organisations and NGOs, and approved by the world parliament,
> is formed.
>
> The CPC may comprise a group of neighbouring countries.
>
> The analysis of the market and identification of the products
> and enterprises to be targeted is carried out by progressive
> professional economists / NGOs / students under the guidance
> of the CPC.
>
> The tasks of the members will be, as consumers, to buy,
> respectively boycott continuously or for a specified period of
> time the products pointed out by the CPC, and to motivate rest
> of the population to do the same.
>
> EXAMPLE :
>
> Three enterprises, A, B and C, are selling almost identical
> [...]

I think you should link with the Millennium Peoples Assembly Network.
Visit http://www.ourvoices.org

They recently approved a declaration for a Global Peoples Assembly.
Please see the attached for the document.
I hope we can work together to make a better planet through empowering the people.

--
                                                 Your Friend in Peace,
                                                        Glen Nuttall

"Courageous Knowledgeable People,
               United Compassionate World,
                              Committed Responsible Future"

"Out of Respect for Diversity
           comes Recognition of Fundamental Freedoms,
                      Individual Rights,
                                 and Legitimate Responsibilities"

"In the common interest of a Lasting World Peace
                      through a Unified Planetary Assembly"

Declaration for a Global Peoples Assembly.rtf