< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: human rights and national sovereignty/ is an oxymoron

by Konstantin Borodinsky

03 May 1999 17:25 UTC

> If you ever read Karl Marx, you will know that democracy was supposed to
> exist in communism. However, communism is just another system, subject to
> corruption, especially when there is the need to protect its sovereignty.
> This is what happened in the very beginning of the Communist Revolution of
> 1917. China is another example and Cuba too. Therefore, it seems to me, to
> devise a non-system where there is no sovereignty to protect other than
for
> the individual. That is why, I would hope that our future world would be
180
> degrees the opposite of today: mutually co-operative, self-sustainable
small
> communities. Where relationship supercedes materialism in the human
hierarchy
> of values. As well as co-operation vs. competition.. Where consensus is
used
> as the basis for group decisions. This is the most democratic form that  I
> know of.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tom O (bagelhole1)
***
I'd be curious to know of at least one successful example of practical
implementation of this idea.
It needs just a trifle - radical change of human nature.

Respectfully,
Konstantin Borodinsky