< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: human rights and national sovereignty/ is an oxymoron

by EDT

03 May 1999 14:37 UTC

In a message dated 5/3/99 9:41:23 AM, upf@upf.org writes:

<<I agree, as long as communism truly means communism not fascism.
Democracy is not the be-all and end-all in terms of how to run things.
I believe the answer will be a combination of whatever works for the
appropriate communities involved.

--
                                                 Your Friend in Peace,
                                                        Glen Nuttall

If you ever read Karl Marx, you will know that democracy was supposed to
exist in communism. However, communism is just another system, subject to
corruption, especially when there is the need to protect its sovereignty.
This is what happened in the very beginning of the Communist Revolution of
1917. China is another example and Cuba too. Therefore, it seems to me, to
devise a non-system where there is no sovereignty to protect other than for
the individual. That is why, I would hope that our future world would be 180
degrees the opposite of today: mutually co-operative, self-sustainable small
communities. Where relationship supercedes materialism in the human hierarchy
of values. As well as co-operation vs. competition.. Where consensus is used
as the basis for group decisions. This is the most democratic form that  I
know of.

						Regards,

						Tom O (bagelhole1)

			<A