Fwd: contributions sought: ASA global/international syllabus set
by Threehegemons
26 September 2003 01:31 UTC

--- Begin Message ---
Please consider submitting your current syllabus and/or assignments, film lists, and other course materials for the following:

"Internationalizing Sociology in the Age of Globalization"

ASA Syllabus Set revision

Call for syllabi and related materials

A new revision of the ASA syllabi set Internationalizing Sociology in the Age of Globalization is in progress. The editors are Kamini Maraj Grahame (Penn State University-Harrisburg), Peter Grahame (Mount Saint Mary’s College), and Martin Malone (Mount Saint Mary’s College). We are looking for materials for potential inclusion in the new edition. In particular, we invite syllabi on internationalizing sociology, globalization processes, and global studies with a sociological focus. We are interested in both general processes of internationalization and globalization, as well as more specific topics such as the global environment. We seek to put together a diverse syllabi set and wish to select from a wide variety of current materials. In addition to syllabi, assignments, lists of films, and other supplementary materials are also of interest. All materials should be submitted on disk or in electronic form; we encourage you to include paper copies as well. Sorry, we cannot return submitted materials. The deadline for contributions is December 10, 2003, but earlier submissions are encouraged. Syllabi, sample assignments, and supplementary materials should be sent to

Dr. Kamini Maraj Grahame

Department of Behavioral Sciences

Pennsylvania State University-Harrisburg

777 West Harrisburg Pike

Middletown, PA 17057

Inquiries regarding contributions can be sent to Kamini Grahame at kmg16@psu.edu.

--- End Message ---