Re: A SECRET blueprint for US global domination
by Devlen, Balkan (UMC-Student)

With all due respect to Prof. Prugovecki I would like to make few comments
about his post. Let me make some point clear about my first post on PNAC.When I
say I dont wanna sound cycnical I am serious about it because I think it isnot
that hard to reach those information and it does not require "priviliged
position in recieving special intellegence". All you have to do is search and
read from time to time websites of think tanks and magazines that do not
reflect your own worldview. Since I was a senior in university in Turkey ( and
my major is IR) in 2000 I try to read articles and opinions on foreign policy,
especially on US Foreign Policy not only from critical scholar but also from
very main-stream conservative ones. That provides me a comprehensive picture of
what is going on in world politics. And as everybody knew those reports are not
secret, all of them are available for download in their respective websites.
One only has to have interest and a non-biased view towards information in
order to be aware of those opinions. So I think Prof. Prugovecki's "otherwise
well-informed colleagues" do not spend enough time for reading what other
people wrote, especially if they are considered in the "enemy camp". I was
sincere while asking is it realy secret coz I think Prof. Prugovecki is being
cynical by putting "secret" there in order to point out people that they were
there more than 3 years now. On the Harun Yahya ( a.k.a Adnan Hoca) piece.
Sorry if I am going to offend anyone by saying this but my time is valuable and
I wont spent it for even making plausible arguments against a piece of crap
written by a fundamentalist psycho. I am Turkish and I am fully aware of what
kind of scandals that man is involved. Sorry but I wont take the word of a man
who watches his followers while they are making sex, serious. I dont know
whether how many people here would take seriously if an article is written by a
head of a fundamentalist christian sect who argues that whole science of
biology and anthropology is nonsense. I think being anti-american and/or
anti-Israeli can not be a sufficient reason to take some one's arguments into
consideration. That is a very dangerous position and the Left in
pre-revolutionary Iran learned that lesson very tragically. They side with
fundamentalists against Shah but in the end they are the ones who were purged
in the first stages of revolution. In my opinion it is very dangerous to hail
anything that is "anti-systemic" just because it is against the hegemon and her
allies. I agree with Prof. Progovecki in the sense that world-system scholars
have a great opportunity to test their claims against emprical evidence which
is present now but again I do not think that thats my job, as I do not consider
myself as a praticioner of world-system perspective but a curious student of
political science who tries to see the issues from all angles including
world-systems perspective.

best regards,

Balkan Devlen