Re: Berlinski--A Scientific Scandal Part I From Commentary
by Nemonemini

In a message dated 4/14/2003 7:33:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time, michaeld313@yahoo.com writes:

I think it might be premature to think that the
"younger generation" can be bamboozled with the
zealotry of any group in the scientific comunity. The
group seeks to preserve and protect its own is nothing
new. I myself constantly recieve pleasure from the
parallels between religious and theoretic devotees.
Back to my original comment...Im a 25 year old who
likes to think for himself...novel that. One of the
characteristics common to my peers is that we rarely
take what is handed to us.

I am delighted that your generation can maintain its skepticism. The last generation was getting to be an embarrassement. The question of evolution is tricky, but not really that hard, noone knows. So anyone who claims to have a theory needs to wise up and stop feeding Richard Dawkins' kitty. He has made a bundle in the last twenty five years. Yet was cogently critiqued almost from the start.
In fact, it is not always easy to resist the blandishments of scientism, and on evolution the confusion, almost disinformation, does tend to mislead beginners, as evidence the not always transparent misuse of the genetic algorithm, as in this 'demo' of the 'evolution of the eye'.

John Landon
Website for
World History and the Eonic Effect
http://eonix.8m.com