Re: wsn delayed access
by Threehegemons

In a message dated 1/24/2003 12:39:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,
bstremli@binghamton.edu writes:

> With all due respect - why would someone want to subscribe
> to a list from
> which they want to see fewer postings?

Most e-mail lists struggle with the issue of balancing people's desire to post
with the desire of list recipients to not have their mail boxes cluttered.
Very few people who subscribe to wsn frequently post to it.  They may want
conference announcements, job listings, book announcements, etc.    Whenever
posting starts to get particularly heavy, the list is always bombarded with
'unsubscribe' messages.

In that spirit, I'd like to ask people who've already contributed to the debate
about whether to have moderation to not direct their comments to the entire
list.

Steven Sherman