END the MODERATION
by Elson Boles

END THE MODERATION, RETURN TO NO MODERATION!

I don't at all like the way WSN runs as a moderated list.  I much prefer
how it worked when it wasn't moderated.  I find both the effort to
moderate and the delay of postings that result even when the messages
are not being screened, to be *very* irritating.  Timelyness is
sometimes key in a discussion or debate about unfolding issues.  The
delay hampers and limits its progress.

This message, for example, won't show up for one or more days after I
send it, as with my last post which I sent yesterday (t the same time
I'm sending this -- ut 2 PM), and it STILL isn't up on the list.

Nor do I share Steve's views that we shouldn't post our views to the
entire list on this subject, and that people tend to request to
"unsubscribe" when postings get heavy.  The former request defeats one
of the essential purposes of having a listserve: to share our views,
including that of how the list does and ought to function.  The latter
may be his experience, but mine has been that people tend to start
posting "unsubscribe" notices when flames occurr or when people post
somewhat irrelevant comments (or many irrelevant postings).

Elson