Re: military superiority; moral inferiority
by GRHaleJr
26 December 2001 23:31 UTC

In a message dated 12/26/2001 4:45:25 PM Central Standard Time, lnp3@panix.com writes:

We want to disarm the imperialists, not philosophize about
them.

      Frankly, I don't want to disarm the imperialists as long as the United States is considered an imperialist state (as I am sure you consider it), since I live in the U.S. and have a good life.  I have no desire to give up my good life because someone else thinks it was wrongly achieved.

      So far as the aboriginal inhabitants of the Americas when Columbus (the Indians, so called) landed are concerned I have difficulty in finding much sympathy for them in the present day United States.  They are not confined to reservations.  They can live anywhere they wish.  They can become part of the general society and live and abide by it's laws or they can continue to live on the reservations and live as they do.  I don't ever recall anyone being discriminated about because they were of "Indian" ancestry in today's world.

      Gordon Hale