Re: military superiority; moral inferiority
by Dr. R.J. Barendse
28 December 2001 10:13 UTC

> I don't know about thousands of years, or even whether the term
>"racism" (as understood today) applies, but there was the Roman Empire,
>which did not always treat the barbarians of the North with kid gloves;
>and the Golden Horde, which sacked and burned Kiev, Moscow, Lublin,
>Krakow, and Breslau, and then ruled over those fair-skinned Russians for
>more than 200 years.
>
> Not comparable to the sins of the North, you will say, and I would
>agree, but there have been times when the North was down.  Not to mention
>the Moors, the Ottomans, the Magyars, and various other interlopers from
>the South and East.

Actually we don't even have to go to that long ago. As late as the
mid-sixteenth century the Ottoman Empire was a very, very serious thread to
Europe (or the North as you like it) indeed - Ottoman fleets repeatedly
sacked the coasts of Apulia and one of the reason why the great basilica of
Loretto (build mid-sixteenth century) near the Adriatic coast was surrounded
by walls was to protect against the Turks. Again the Balearic islands were
full of watchtowers to protect against the Barbary corsairs and even the
coast of Provence was repeatedly sacked by muslim raiders in the sixteenth
century. And even in the eighteenth century ships from Brasil had to await
naval escort in the Azores to protect them against attacks of Muslim
corsairs from Sale (Morocco).

And ... let's not forget either that right into the nineteenth century the
entire southeastern half of Europe including the very birthplace of Europe,
Greece itself, is under Islamic rule. So, if some Europeans were `up',
others were `down' - and that `down' includes an entire once vast
civilisation namely Greek Christianity. It's tough to imagine nowadays but
there once was a time when Greek far from being the national language of a
tiny country was spoken or understood from Sicily to the Hindukush and from
the Crimea to the Sudan ...

As to whites needing thousands of years of racism to pay for their sins ...

Right - so, Japanese colonialism/fascism from 1935 to 1945 killed some
18.000.000 people (15.000.000 being Chinese, 1.500.000 being Indonesian,
1.000.000 being
Korean). So, are the Japanese to be `fair skinned' and with `blond hair'
honoris causae or what ? Or if you kill 800.000 (brown) people in Java -
through famine and forced labor - alone as `revenge for white colonialism'
you're morally superior since you're yellow - or what ?