Re: cj> Re: Petros re/ 2001 RKM Manifesto
by Richard K. Moore

1/10/2001, Paul Riesz wrote:
    > Since there is little likelihood that we could agree on
    these points and since nobody else seems to be interested, I
    suggest to terminate our discussion now.

Discussion?

1/10/2001, wwagar@binghamton.edu wrote:
    > as Richard has patiently over and over again explained to
    Paul, capitalism is capitalism.  The essence of world-system
    theory, whether Wallersteinian, Frankian, or otherwise,
    predicates much the same point.  Capitalism is the
    relentless accumulation of capital for the acquisition of
    profit.  Capitalism is a carnivore.  It cannot be made over
    into a herbivore without gutting it, i.e., abolishing it.