< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: re-2: W Wager - Centripetal & Holograhpic models

by karita

19 December 2000 07:00 UTC

I am an associate professor at HImeji Dokkyo University, Japan.
I seem to be staying calm, thinking this and that.
I just thought I would like to share some of my thoughts with you, a view
from A Far East Country, Japan.
Also I just heard a lecture about the turning point of the age from
Electronics to Graviton from a man.  It has to do with the entire universe
and the globe and our human thoughts, minds, and souls.  50 years ago, he
gave a concrete idea on electronics including cellular phones.  Sony and
Matsushita followed his idea and came to what they are now.
 The Global Education

(http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Theater/9823/globaleducation.html)
                                             for the 21st Century

copy right 2000

What Is It?

There are two aspects in proceeding with global education.One aspect is
globalization. Globalization is an aspect,
which is common or standardized, and it has the potential to spread
throughout the world or globally. The main
aim for globalization is to see things and peoples not with one sided point
of view or unilaterally but with
bi-lateral or multi-points of view or even with global points of view; thus,
we will be able to see things and
peoples both subjectively and objectively and understand them well enough to
contribute to betterment of our
future world civilization. Therefore, globalization is far from monopoly or
any intention of occupying wider
areas of the globe with one's value, color, or desire. Globalization is to
have better communication for betterment
of our world civilization, and global communication is a means to ends,
neither rationalization as a means nor
compromised outcomes as ends, but carefully designed means for more ideal
and wealthier civilization for all the
earthlings and not for a particular group of people nor the presently
residing people on the earth.  We should not
just let it happen without considering its value and its possible outcome or
outcomes since the earth is almost an
everlasting entity.

The other aspect resides in respecting various cultural and individual
values that have flourished throughout the
globe in order to make the world civilization more fruitful. Ignoring them
leads to the civilization only with poor
and arrogant characters that will bring the residents, the designers, and
the leaders into the peak of mere
masturbation and temporary dispensation or suspension of thirst, agony, and
vanity.In order to let one realize
how splendid each cultural and individual aspect is, one must be able to
communicate well in more than one's own
language to see things, oneself, and one's values as well as others and
their values. One can have successful
communication with others who are not with one's cultural background only
when one realizes that one's value
cannot reflect in a mirror and that one cannot objectively see oneself and
what one's real values are unless one
communicates with the people outside one's value systems. Therefore,
cultural and individual differences are of
great virtue, and neither superior nor inferior is one to the other.

We must, therefore, never have globalization without respecting various
cultural and individual values.

II. What Is the Goal of Global Education?

>The goal of Global Education is the wholesome growth of our world civilization.
>Then what is the wholesome
growth? First of all, one must know the difference between globalization and
fascism. Globalization should not
occur in any form of fascism. Also one must be able to know the possible
outcomes if one aspect becomes global.
If it is bad for all earthlings and or any of their offspring, one should
not let it happen regardless of the fact that
a particular group of people makes a large profit out of it. Then, obviously
one's morale is to be practiced. If
not, what's the worth of living on the earth as a human being? Especially,
one, who makes decisions on global
issues, must read, understand, and practice the ten principles as follows:

1. You should feel as comfortable with differences as you do with
similarities, when it comes to horizontal
feelings, like friendship or partnership. But vertical feelings, such as
superiority or inferiority, should not be
embraced. Here I would like to look at xenophobia. Some people feel
xenophobic. If they see a person who looks
different (from a different country or race), they feel scared that that
different person might hurt them. This is a
big misunderstanding and like all phobias, it is based on an unreasonable
fear. In an extreme case someone might
hurt another simply because they thought the other person might hurt them .
. . and all because of their
imagination or phobia. This is the first thing you should avoid if you want
to become an internationally minded
person. Remove xenophobia -- or any type of phobia -- as much as you can.
You should feel as comfortable with
different people as you do with similar people. Let me give you an example.
Suppose in a different country you
enter an elevator and push the button for the 142nd floor - your
destination. However, the elevator stops at the
second floor, and a very strange man or woman enters. You can't tell which.
The person could be a very
beautiful young lady, a handsome young man, or a very dangerous man or
woman. But you cannot tell, because
the person is wearing a hood and a robe. You can't even see the person's
face. Perhaps you can barely see the
chin of the person, but you still cannot tell the person's gender. The hood
and robe are not just black and white,
but colorfully decorated. That person pushes the button for the 143rd floor
and it will take about four minutes to
get there. How would you behave? If you want to feel comfortable during the
four minutes, instead of feeling
scared or xenophobic, why not try to create a comfortable atmosphere by
communicating with the person
positively and peacefully? Just thinking of yourself is not good enough if
you want to live comfortably and
peacefully with other people.
2.You should not measure other things or others only by your own standards.
If you go to other countries and
want to buy clothes or shoes, their measurements may be different. So are
value systems. In one country a
so-called "popular" face looks "just so", but in another country the popular
face may be very different. The
definition of beauty varies from one country to another. Value systems are
different as well,so don't just judge
other things or other people only with your own measurements.
3. You should be able to accept things as they are and to describe them not
only subjectively but also objectively.
If you could analyze what a thing is and how and why it is formed, the world
would benefit by you. Even more,
if you could predict the future from this accurate analysis, you would truly
be valuable. In other words, you
should be able to accept reality, and to cope with it.
4. Never impose any idea, ideology, custom, behavior, or value system upon
others, or threaten to do so in any
form. Rather, try to understand others.
5. Don't judge others when you know little about them. Don't judge solely on
appearances, either. Prejudice is
not a trait of the internationally minded person. It is natural to form some
kind of image of another person. But
do your best to eliminate prejudice.
6. You should constantly strive to broaden and deepen your knowledge towards
whatever you encounter. During
your life, you are apt to encounter different things. If you go to other
countries, you will likely face many things
that are completely different. Study about them. Try to broaden and deepen
your knowledge so that you can
develop a better understanding and gain wisdom about dealing with something
new.
7. Be sensitive, alert, and considerate towards those you encounter, so they
don't feel left out, lonely, or
ostracized. But never try to interfere with their personal matters --
especially in their decision-making and
privacy -- unless you are invited to do so. You should practice both
concepts: "Do unto others as you would have
others do unto you" and conversely "Don't treat others in a way you wouldn't
like to be treated yourself". The
first concept is based on a basic western motto, whereas the second takes a
more eastern approach. However,
sometimes even if you treat others the way you would like to be treated, it
may still turn out to be bad for them,
if their measurements or value systems are different. So you have to
consider beforehand what the value systems
are. Then you can reconsider your action or behavior and act properly. The
same thinking can be applied to the
concept of "Don't treat others in a way you wouldn't like to be treated
yourself". Sometimes you may think "I
wouldn't want someone to do this to me, so I shouldn't do this to others".
However, it may turn out that you
should have done it to the particular person after all, because in his or
her culture it is very important to behave
so. So first you must study basic value systems. Then you can take proper
action.
8. Be creative and constructive, and constantly try to think of ways to meet
the needs of others.
9. Never try to hurt anyone. Indeed, do your best to persuade all human
beings not to hurt each other. But if you
or someone else hurts someone by mistake, try to understand the reason -
why, so that it doesn't happen again.
10. Remember that in the world there is not just a single point of view.
There is yours, yes. But there are also
more than what you can anticipate, and more than you can imagine. Don't
think that the world evolves around
you. Self centered ideas are not appreciated by others, so be considerate
also for those who are quiet, hesitant,
and reserved. Stand in other people's shoes. Develop your thoughts. Develop
your empathy. Then, you will be a
true internationally minded person. And the world will be a better place
because of it.

Therefore, increasing the number of those who read, understand, and practice
the ten qualities above will be able
to lead to the wholesome growth of the future world civilization.

III. What Are the Roles of English in terms of Globalization and the Degrees
of Saturation of
the Speakers' Culture?

A. When English is used within each regional culture and the communicational
tool within the region or country
such as United Kingdom, Ireland, the United States, Canada, Australia, and
New Zealand, the degrees of
saturation of the speakers' culture are quite high, and the culture is
highly conveyed.
B. When English is used as an official language among several different
language speakers for better
communication within one region or one country for uniting several different
peoples such as Singapore and
Philippine, the degrees of saturation of the speakers' original culture are
quite low, and the original culture can
be conveyed through English to a certain extent whereas another aspects of
culture within the communicating
language or English develops with the influence of the people of English
speaking countries..
C. When English is used between two or more than two English speaking
countries for communicating with each
other, the degrees of saturation of the speakers' culture are rather high,
and the speakers' culture can be conveyed
and understood as if one learns to understand different accents or
dialects .
D. When English is used between an English speaking region or country and a
non-English speaking region or
country, the degree of the saturation of the English speaker's culture is
high, and the speaker's culture can be
highly conveyed whereas the degree of the saturation of the other speaker's
culture is low and the other speaker's
culture can only be conveyed to a certain extent.
E. When English is used between two non-English speaking regions or
countries, the degrees of the saturation of
the speakers' culture are low, and their original cultures can be conveyed
to a certain extent with the influence of
the people of some English speaking countries.
F. When English is used among more than two regions or countries whether one
or two or more than two of
them is or are (an) English speaking country or countries, the degrees of
the saturation of the speakers' culture
can be higher among the native English speakers than the non-native English
speakers, and the speakers' cultures
can be variously conveyed.
G. When English is used in an international organization such as United
Nations, each cultural English seems to
be most highly expressed whether it is broken or not, though "Broken
English" is the most popular language used
in the United Nations according to the newspaper. In other words, each
speaker is trying one's best to convey
one's cultural aspect within one's spoken or written English, and even with
the use of the translation.
H. When English is used for specific purposes such as business, science,
technology, industry, traveling,
education, sports, arts, entertainment, etc., the degrees of the saturations
of the speakers' cultures vary and
become sophisticated, however, each cultural aspect seems to be sliced off
or less saturation of each culture
occurs as globalization proceeds further, and each must create globally
acceptable qualities for some global
purposes.
I. When English is used in the inter-net, often one has to admit the fact
that many cultural aspects are less
saturated with the use of English, however, the opportunities remain
abundantly as long as one seeks to find
different cultural values beyond the cultural and individual border of one's
anticipation or imagination.

IV. What's Really Going on this Globe?
As long as there are more people who are working for those who deceive
people either gigantically or faintly, we
will not be able to have decent future world civilization as globalization
includes more and more enterprises,
organizations, groups, and even countries that are functioning for the
benefit of those deceivers. Therefore, even
if you thought you were an innocent world citizen, you might indirectly be
working for them. Then, a question
naturally arises that "Who stops the deceivers that have already developed
and expanded their scales and systems
and can no longer go back to the point they had started?" They might insist
that they just have to keep deceiving
people to maintain their huge systems running to feed their many workers as
they are now. The monster-like
entities expand like cancer cells. We can no longer fight them back. They
have already been within us. Killing
them means to destroy ourself. The heads of them have known it. They have
started worrying about their grand
children being victimized in some way or other. Our descendants have to
struggle for the entire global history
from now on. They even don't know how to stop these phenomena. They have
been wondering and wandering
how they could change the global society and bring those cancer cells back
to the healthy cells.

V. The Macro Theory for the 21st Century--the Eternal Law--:

Whatever you have done unto others and to the nature will be done unto
yourself sooner or
later, after your death or usually after you are reincarnated.

"Wait! Just wait, my great grand son. You've got to be more kind and have
some empathy towards other people.
I am your great grand father. Don't you remember me? I had held you in my
arm when you had been a small
kid."
"How could you be my great grand pa!You don't look that old. Besides, you
look completely different from my
race. Above all, you are in another gender. I mean you are  a
 poor shabby
woman."
"Well, I should have been nicer to my wife. That's my another problem I had
to deal with before I was
determined to be reborn. Since my impact in my previous life had been so
great upon other people that I still
have to pick up 30 or 50 different beings  in 30 or 50 areas of this
globe."
"Who makes such important decisions?"
"Well, in my case those dead souls unanimously voted for that 'I need to be
reincarnated to feel themselves,' and
usually they don't remember much about what I had done good to them."
"So, have you become sensitive enough to have some empathy towards other
people?"
"Why not! Back in my previous life business was all that mattered me! It was
not only my choice but was just
timely at that time."
"Do you still feel the same way?"
"No, my life here is very slow. Everything just goes slowly. I mean slow
enough to think of all other people and
the nature around me, I guess."
"I see. It just reminded me of such a feeling of life I might have held a
long time ago."
"Then, Son, don't waste your life. You might end up being like me. Then,
circulating different beings one
another makes no progress. Remember the seventh principle that goes 'be
sensitive, alert, and considerate towards
those you encounter, so they don't feel left out, lonely, or ostracized. But
never try to interfere with their
personal matters -- especially in their decision-making and privacy --
unless you are invited to do so. You should
practice both concepts . . . '"
"Well, I should keep that in my mind, but I feel quite urged to go back to
my life, my role of being a gigantically
successful business tycoon."
"I used to feel exactly like that!"
"Then, it is my destiny, too."
"No, my son, take this and feel it, and you will never feel urged to do
anything for your own benefit. This is
your true being!"
"Then, what have I been doing up to now then? Acting like an insensitive
boastful business tycoon?"
"Yes, you had been manipulated by something other than your real soul."
"What was it, then? I'm now very confused."
"You had never been restful up to this moment, always urged to do this and
that to  expand your business and
  profit."
"Profit! Yes, I just remembered my new construction plans . . . "
"Endless or hopeless! You've got to feel this!"
"No time to feel it and no time for relaxation!
I have my own business to take care."
"Don't go, son! You will just be spitting your whole ass on the globe! Don't
leave now, and take this with you.
There will be some time you might stop and think and feel really relaxed
from your whole life!"
"But this seems to be your only valuable, right!"
"Yeah, I might have to start feeling antagonistic towards somebody else."
"Then, you need this one."
"But you are my great grand son! You've got to take this with you

Love Me Tender, Love This Globe
                                    words  by Globe Earthlings

                                           Love me tender,
                                            love this globe,