< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: re-2: W Wager - Centripetal & Holograhpic models

by wwagar

17 December 2000 22:06 UTC

Dear Richard,

        My primary concern is the possible lack of efficacy, not fear of
outcomes.  And of course there is no one to trust but fellow human beings.
But many human beings on this planet have been acculturated to hate or
prey on other fellow human beings.  Not every local initiative works for
world peace, conservation of the earth, and universal justice.  Not every
ideological position supports the vision of a Terran and Humane Pax.  Not
every decentered action promotes such a Pax.  We do need some common
understandings about goals and values.  What else are "orchestration" and
"harmonization" but the effort to bring us together?  I would suggest that
the view from either end of the telescope is a valid view.

        Rest assured that I am not going to create or lead a World Party.
I am an elderly, quiet, obscure academician and grandfather who
occasionally throws some ideas into the global hopper, not an activist or
a person with the slightest desire to impose my views on anybody, which is
one reason I have spent my whole life as a facilitator in classrooms,
helping students see every issue from a wide spectrum of perspectives.

        Let us all do what we can do, as best we can.  (And lest people on
this list start getting my e-mail address wrong, my last name is not
"Wager" or "Wagner" but "Wagar."  Okay?  We pronounce it "way'gur".)

        But I prefer

        Warren