< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: China the Hegemon?

by Aiviet Nguyen

20 March 2000 16:45 UTC

Dear Mr.Tso,

   As "a CASE worker", I am interested in WS only at a hobby level.
So I don't think that I have much to harvest in debating point by point.
I rather listen and learn from mots of you.

   I vaguely guess that we maybe talking about different things using the
same words to mean different things. As I don't read chinese neither
iranian I cannot satisfy you concerning a comparision an oil producing
culture and a soyabean one. I don't know how to put an order relationship
between the two as well as I cannot compare two complex numbers in
a CASE work. So to my eyes's resolution capability, the degree of
brightness of the two cultures is the same, inspite of the fact that I am
more familar with the chinese one.

   I am sorry if you felt offended when I mentioned the japanese, german
and the chinese in the same sentence, but that was by no means an
association.

   The term scientific used in my text was not intended for natural
science and technology. Definitely,that the buttons to be pushed or not
is quite different task. I suggested a scientific approach to the task,
where the emotions don't dictate the arguments.

  Mr.Tso, to my humble opinion:
      1) You don't have control on the whole chinese nation. So I can not
rely on your dream to shape my view to the world ( even just for a hobby)
      2) I have some doubts in the existence of a national intention. If
it does exist at all, it could hardly have such a unique meaning that some
possibility ( even the tiniest one) can be avoided in real life. But any
way, I am interested in listening about the concept and the possible role
of national intensions in policy making. Please give more details.

  To my perceptions, the WWII did not happen because of a national
intension of the german or the japanese. As you said, a foolish can also
push a button to destroy the world. Dr Stremlin has also pointed out there
are plenty of them everywhere. That is why we discuss the topics or I
missed something?

Thank you
With my best regards
Nguyen