< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

comment on Dassbach

by Tausch, Arno

26 January 2000 16:56 UTC

although you, Carl Dassbach might have enraged a lot of people, serious
scholarship supports your hypothesis - I posted the news about the new OECD
study recently. Slowly, I begin to dispair about this list. No reacztion.
Yours is the first. Thank you. My own modest contribution to the dating
game, where I contradict somewhat Mandel and Goldstein, you all can read in
our wsn archived books and papers; but it is important that we continue our
scholary exchange of views. Although I posted recently quite a number of
good literature hints from Yale professor Russett and others on the
practical nonsense of a prediction of 'inner-imperialist warfare' today (a
very neo-Trotzkyite hypothesis, I am sorry), there is a deafening silence on
this list about the US versus Germany war prediction. (Mitterand had his
doubts in 1989, and some payments went in the Eastern direction, but that is
another matter). The Elf company was smart, but perhaps not that smart after
all. But are you guys really believing all that? Should, say, the Polish
army start to ditch  western trenches and stop the joint manouvres here in
Europe? Should the UK start serious intelligence operations against Germany?
What would, say, Javier Solana say about this prediction of
inner-NATO-warfare? Is all that the advanced wisdom of North American social
science, 2000? Where is the confrontation of theories by facts? Bruce
Russett told you all in such journals as the Journal of Conflict Resolution,
but none seems to bother, as long as theories fit to fantasies. Sorry on
that harsh note.

Friendship Arno Tausch