< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Time Consumption

by md7148

09 December 1999 05:15 UTC

WSN citizens!!!

instead of focusing on whether racism is scientific or nonscientific,
we should spend more energy on what to do with this dangerous book.
racism is already part of the scientific establishment in the US.
considering it "non-scientific" detracts attention from the seriousness of
the issue, that is, ideology of racism as embedded in science.  it is
obscurantism of real facts. this is what "science" is here; beleive it or
not!! we had "compulsary sterilization laws" practised in 44 states in the
1930s.. i have recently learnt that by 1964 more than sixty thousand
"inmates of state institutions had been sterilized under state laws"
(Willrich, _Law and History Review_, spring 1998, vol.16, no.1). whatever
happened does not seem to happen so long ago, or in non-scientific stone
ages.

I agree with Alan and Steven that this book should be protested by
whatever means available at the moment. in my view, protest should be
targeted at trashing the book compeletely, and banning the transaction
publications from participating in sociology meetings. let's discuss
conceretely how we should organize to stop this "scientific" crap.

thanks,

Mine Doyran
Phd student
Politics