< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

re: Time Consumption

by Andrew Hund

09 December 1999 05:57 UTC

md7148@cnsvax.albany.edu wrote

"beleive it or not!! we had "compulsary sterilization laws" practised in
44 states in the 1930s.. i have recently learnt that by 1964 more than
sixty thousand "inmates of state institutions had been sterilized under
state laws" (Willrich, _Law and History Review_, spring 1998, vol.16,
no.1)."

Below might be something of interest -- the focus of the "voluntary"
sterilization or extended birth control is mainly on female crack addicts.

http:--www.cashforbirthcontrol.com-prevention-

          Children Requiring A Caring Kommunity [-- Quick Link --]

   [LINK] [INLINE] Project Prevention

   C.R.A.C.K.'s Project Prevention was established by Barbara Harris. The
   program is completely voluntary for participants, and the woman or man
   receives the same $200 for choosing either to use long term birth
   control or permanent birth control.

   Most participants who choose permanent birth control are those who
   have already had far more children than most people have in a
   lifetime.

   The process goes as follows: The participant contacts us and we send
   out our paperwork. Our offer is good for 60 days after receiving the
   paperwork. She or he then makes an appointment with a personal
   physician or family planning provider of choice (we are not involved
   in this process). In most cases, birth control services are available
   at no cost, and the provider offers informative counseling to assist
   their clients in choosing an appropriate family planning method. If a
   participant chooses a tubal ligation, she is required by law to wait a
   period of 30 days before she may undergo the proceedure. After she
   recieves her services, she returns her completed paperwork to us. Once
   her paperwork is verified by our staff, the client recieves $200.

   What does she do with the money she has earned from us? That is also
   her decision. Many clients are already receiving a support check from
   the government every month in an amount greater than $200. What does
   she do with that money?

   C.R.A.C.K. offers these incentives:

   $200 Depo Provera -paid over the period of one year
   $200 IUD
   $200 Norplant (5 year contraceptive)
   $200 Tubal ligation
   $200 Vasectomy

   On the main page, say you've adopted 4 ...of 8...children... On
   Directors page, top sentence should read: "Our Board of Directors is
   culturally diverse and includes 4 AA, 1 Latino and 2 white members."

                                 C.R.A.C.K
                                P.O. Box 74
                             Stanton, CA 906100

        Copyright © 1998-1999 Children Requiring a Caring Kommunity

   | C.R.A.C.K. Children Requiring a Caring Kommunity Subscribe to our
   monthly newsletter. ____________
   ______________

                             Donators Spotlight
                                   5 Star
                           J. Novick, California

                                   5 Star
                         R. Thalheimer, California

                                   3 Star
                          R. Altmaier, California

                                   3 Star
                           T. Nichols, California

                     Click here for info on donating...

                              Media Spotlight
   "Some organizations just need me to mention them. Others just need my
   money. I felt this was an organization that not only needed my money,
                             but my name too."
                           Dr. Laura Schlessinger

   "I believe you are addressing a significant problem and I applaud your
   efforts in the care of children born to addicted parents. I hope your
   program will continue to flourish in the communities that you serve."
                Sherman Block, The late L.A. Country Sheriff

                    Click here for more great quotes...