< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: A final note

by Richard N Hutchinson

18 November 1999 22:18 UTC

I see that the "Starlife head office" had a revelation about the
difference in praxis between the New Age approach and the WSN list (which,
it should be noted, has no "head office," so which is more hierarchical?).

I see the core countries' middle/upper middle class "New Age" movements as
mainly benign, but certainly more a product of their environment than
having any real effect on that environment.  It is a sign of the low-ebb
of progressive movements that so many people are drawn to such things
versus movements that might really alter power relations.

But better that people "think nice global thoughts" and hope for "100th
monkey effects" than organizing neofascist movements.

Richard Hutchinson