< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: A WP stuck in the past? (fwd)

by md7148

13 November 1999 00:30 UTC

i agree with the recent post in this thread. i think that a party without
clear ideology, "form of coercion" and plan of action is very much like a
body without a soul. folks, in this forum, should decide what the nature
of the party will be first and then discuss what should be done to fight
against the enenmy. they should also clarify who the enemy is so that they
can better know who they are taking a position against. serious topics
like party building can not start with abstract presuppositions, good will
and loosely defined constituency. i am inviting the discussants of WP:

1. to clarify the purpose of the party in the first place. frankly, i
do not see the goals being discussed in this thread very different from
the goals of UN, EU, UNICEF and any other bourgeois international
organization. if you folks claim to be different, then you have to
prove what makes you so different.

2. to NAME the ideology of the party in the second place.

3. to define the constituency of the party in the third place. i have
seen interesting proposals like foundations, corporations and media. it is
better if you can verify what these exactly mean.

4. it is also very important to have a mobilization strategy-- some form
of coercion and enforcement mechanism to bring about ACTION and CHANGE.

Mine

>On Sat, 13 Nov 1999, Leith Duncan wrote:

>>If capitalism is the enemy it will be met by what becomes an equally
>>abhorent ideology. If corporates are the enemy they are not unified in a
>>party! If greed and self-interest is the driver then the strongest
>>opposition will have to come from within - again hearts and minds.

andy replied: