< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Forum

by Emilio José Chaves

11 November 1999 20:53 UTC

Dear people,
The idea of forum is highly important and urgent. It seems that organizers
already have a basic proposal, as it is implied in questions. I request not
to center chats about particular books or personalities because this may
discourage people like me, without that kind of particular background.
There are many important questions to be treated. Each one requires time.
Without too many explanations I give here some short answers to the long
form, so you may catch my vision on the subject, which I am ready to modify
and improve, as chat with others goes on. Thanks,
E.J.Ch.
Here are the main questions that should be addressed by
participants in
the World Party discussion seminar:

1. Is the idea of organizing a World Party in the near future
wrong, premature,  ....... ,  etc.?
<No, but low grass people vigilance and participation rights must be
<assured all time.
2.What should the long run, medium run and short run goals of
the World Party be?:
      a.  is a democratic and collectively rational global
commonwealth a desirable and feasible goal for the next century?
<YES
How  might such an entity be organized?
<Just like this forum, starting with open dialogue
       b.  should the World Party support or oppose the
emergence of  a global state?
<If it is a transnational ruled global state, definiteley NO
       c.  should the WP make an effort to prevent catastrophes
such as warfare among core powers or global ecological collapse
<YES,
or should we
rather concentrate on being ready to pick up the pieces ... )
<NO.
        d.  what kinds of immediate struggles should the World
Party take on?
<1. Assure right to work by dividing working time among all
<2. Stablish an international policy at constitutional policy to get an
average gini´s coefficient of maximum <0.25 in next 10 years, for income
and
property.
<3. Let's agree the best possible platform with other cultural, national
and
activists groups (this is the main struggle: to
3 Who would be the constituency of  a World Party?
<All the people who wants to work for a basic humanitarian set of goals, to
be agreed.
4. Who would be the activists?
<People who is ready to act peacefully, but intelligently and with <heart,
to transform present madness whirpool
5. How would a World Party be organized?
<No answer, no good at organizing others, no interest at top positions
6. How can we create a powerful coalition of counter-hegemonic
movements: women, workers, environmentalists, Third World and
indigenous peoples. Who should be in this,
<people of good willness that act in the name of life and cares for <others
fate
and who should not be in it
<people that prefer to have rather than to be, to control others <rather
than to share with them?

8. Where are the persuadibles. What kinds of people will not
need much persuasion?
< All we need it, but mainly the poors, marginals, the utopians (in the
best
sense) and people with some degree of awareness in the implicit path
Which kinds will never be persuaded?
< Hope must be conceded to all persons, but it will be harder to persuade
the sheeps, the multinational executives, the few owners of the biggest
share of wealth, income and owners of academic truth.
9. How can we help to turn the reaction against capitalist
globalization into a movement for globalization from below?
<There are many good people already working in that sense, let's <learn
from
them and apply according to each one situation. Perhaps, <let's start by
listening among us and talking in small groups, in <simple language, as
friends. Once we advance, we'll contact other <similar groups. Each one
must
define when, how, where and with whom <they may help, if possible to unify
efforts and to be more effective.

Emilio J. Chaves

Emilio José Chaves
Address: Edif. Los Héroes Apto. 604