< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

RE: World party

by Elson E. Boles

15 November 1999 17:11 UTC

On Sunday, November 14, 1999 11:01 PM, g kohler
[SMTP:gkohler@accglobal.net] wrote:

> [...]

I see two sets of questions worth discussing:

1.  Since we may presume that for a global anti-systemic struggle
"revolutionary" does not mean seizing state power or UN power, then what
does mean, if anything?  And is revolutionary action necessarily violent?
 Should not a World Party in principle oppose violence?  Has it anything to
lose now by doing so?

2.  One strategy, currently being pursued by a number of progressive/left
groups, is the creation of alternative international networks of trade and
mutual support -- a strategy of not fighting against the system, but
creating another.   Is this not viable?