< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: jwsr. globalization of consciousness

by Andrew Wayne Austin

26 September 1999 02:41 UTC

Is this an idealist argument? Does a revolution materialize because
people suddenly begin believing they're something that they are not
yet? Does the global economy materialize because people suddenly begin
believing in a global economy?

The early development of the terms mentioned in the post is explained by
the early development of a world-system under capitalism. Capitalism was a
world market and a world economy centuries ago. And human beings have been
globalizing several dozens of thousands of years now.

Social science phrases do not govern the development of social reality.

Andy Austin