< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

RE: LIMITS TO BRAINS

by Boris Stremlin

25 August 1999 18:51 UTC

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Jay Hanson wrote:

> Seriously Boris, if you think your social world operates
> independently of the physical world, then you are in for
> a whopper of a surprise.

You know, a little reading in the social sciences may clue you in as to
what students of the "social world" actually think about the
interrelations between the two spheres.   It really beats relying on
God-given (or "physical-world" given) ignorance.

> >outlined (but if civilization is coming to an end, does it really matter
> >if we disagree as to the reasons?)

> It's fairly elementary Boris.  Any prescription for a cure
> depends entirely on an accurate description of the disease.

Tell me, doctor, how is it the case that the world is on the brink of
disaster due to outmoded "social thinking", when it was only after our
"physical world knowledge" began expanding exponentially that we arrived
at where we are today?  Physician, heal thyself.

--
Boris Stremlin
bc70219@binghamton.edu