< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

about Rastafarianism

by Thomas D. [Tom] Hall, THALL@DEPAUW.EDU

25 August 1999 20:28 UTC

I have reposted this to WSN for David Fahey, since I know there are some
WSNers who have worked on this issue.

Please respond to David directly [& if you can with a cc to me].
tom
------------
From: David Fahey
           Miami University of Ohio
           faheydm@muohio.edu

A master's degree student working with me is interested in writing a
thesis on "Third World" social/cultural  movements that have spread beyond
the
lands of their origins, as for instance, Rastafarianism.  I don't
know what the availability of primary source material is for that
aspect of Rastafarianism.  Any suggestions re Rastafarianism or about
other instances of "Third World" social/cultural movements which have
grown beyond the lands of their origins?
--------------
Thomas D. [tom] Hall [on leave 99/00]
A. Lindsay O'Connor Professor of American Institutions
Dept. Sociology & Anthropology
Colgate University
13 Oak Drive
Hamilton, NY 13346