< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Good points

by Jay Hanson

24 August 1999 20:56 UTC

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of colin s. cavell

>The "inability" or "unwillingness" of people to "see" or understand and
>accept as truth your, and others, predicted end to the earth's carrying
>capacity, you assert, is "Obviously...genetic."  If a ruling class
>silences or diminishes dissenting or threatening voices, especially those
>which predict the collapse of that system, then is this the result of
>genetics or politics, or do you see the two as synonymous?

Good question.  Certainly if the information is not available to the poor,
then no conclusions can be drawn.

Off-list, another person made the same point, they were unaware of the
extent of our crisis.  I agree.  If you don't know, then you can't be
expected to do anything about it.

The genetically-defective population that I am referring to is the First
World, well-educated elites.  In short, us.  To be fair about it, let's test
my thesis one more time.

I am telling list members here and now that global oil production is
expected to "peak" in less than ten years and nothing can replace it.  I am
telling list members that their children probably won't live to see
retirement.

I am willing to take this list step by step trough the evidence I have
accumulated over the last seven or eight years and we will search for holes
in my logic.  I also wrote an article for the most-recent ENERGY Magazine
and will be happy to FAX a copy to anyone who is interested.

In short, you have less than ten years -- perhaps quite a bit less.  What
else do you need to know?  What will it take for we so-called intelligent
animals to at least try to save ourselves?

Jay -- www.dieoff.com