< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

RE: The biological goal of the human mind

by Matthew Horning

24 August 1999 21:57 UTC

Since the nature of life is that it survives, is it not a necessary
conclusion that the goal of the species is to survive? If, within the
behavior of an organism, survival of the species were subjugated to any
other task, would that not hinder the ability of the species to survive and
thus eventually cause it NOT to survive?
This seems obvious to me, but I would welcome anyone to offer data in
correction. Also, if anyone wished to have me offer evidence of my position,
I would be happy to do that as well.

In resopnse to: