< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

RE: The biological goal of the human mind

by colin s. cavell

24 August 1999 20:19 UTC

Jay,

The "inability" or "unwillingness" of people to "see" or understand and
accept as truth your, and others, predicted end to the earth's carrying
capacity, you assert, is "Obviously...genetic."  If a ruling class
silences or diminishes dissenting or threatening voices, especially those
which predict the collapse of that system, then is this the result of
genetics or politics, or do you see the two as synonymous?

Colin S. Cavell                         "I can only express the hope that my
Department of Political Science         readers will understand my difficult
Thompson Tower, Box 37520               position, and will be indulgent; and
University of Massachusetts             further, that all those persons who
Amherst, MA  01003-7520                 are in any way concerned in the
dreams
Internet:  cscpo@polsci.umass.edu       recorded will not seek to forbid our
Voice:  (413) 546-3408                  dream--life at all events to
exercise
http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~cscpo    freedom of thought!"

                                        --Sigmund Freud, "The Interpretation
                                                   of Dreams"