< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Fw: human rights and national sovereignty

by Ben et fils nets

03 May 1999 22:18 UTC

With this kind of cynism and relativism, Mr. Borodinsky, I understand more and
more
this quote from Russell :
"Men are born ignorant, not stupid; they are made stupid by education."
-- Bertrand Russell

Not saying that you`re stupid, not at all. Just saying that anything is possible

with human kind, anything. Just use creativity and desire.
So, what`s to do from here, what can we do to improve our world?
"Nothing: it has always been like that...."
If you feel nothing is to be done, you`ll do nothing, and nothing will be done.

If you want some succesfull examples of self-managing communities,
mutually cooperative etc., you`ll find plenty in history. Just find them by
yourself.
I could give you the Arawak people, some form of Kibbutzim,
some communities from the Spanish Revolution ect etc.etc.
But I`m losing my time with these examples cause
I know by experience with apologists that, if you really think
it`s part of human nature to live in hierarchal societies, you`ll find
something in my examples that is matching the way you see the truth,
your Truth: the desire to believe it is against human nature to be
free within a collectivity.

By the way, freedom is not an idea or a concept you implement.
There`s no recipe or model for that.
It`s like saying, I`ve got for you a recipe for happiness.
Anyway, I wish my english could be better, I`m sure it`s
not all clear. Sorry for that.

Respectfully,
Ben