< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Fw: human rights and national sovereignty

by UPF

03 May 1999 21:39 UTC

Konstantin Borodinsky wrote:

> > > If you ever read Karl Marx, you will know that democracy was supposed to
> > > exist in communism. However, communism is just another system, subject to
> > > corruption, especially when there is the need to protect its sovereignty.
> > > This is what happened in the very beginning of the Communist Revolution of
>
> > > 1917. China is another example and Cuba too. Therefore, it seems to me, to
>
> > > devise a non-system where there is no sovereignty to protect other than
> for
> > > the individual. That is why, I would hope that our future world would be
> 180
> > > degrees the opposite of today: mutually co-operative, self-sustainable
> small
> > > communities. Where relationship supercedes materialism in the human
> hierarchy
> > > of values. As well as co-operation vs. competition.. Where consensus is
> used
> > > as the basis for group decisions. This is the most democratic form that I
> > > know of.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Tom O (bagelhole1)
>  ***
>  I'd be curious to know of at least one successful example of practical
>  implementation of this idea. It needs just a trifle - radical change of human
> nature.

        Practical implementation of pure communism is only realistically
practical on a small scale.  Once again, as it tries to expand in scope, it will
corrupt and turn into something else.  By its very nature, communism cannot work
on a large scale.  But I would be curious to see just what would be necessary to
possibly make it work on a large scale.

--
                                                 Your Friend in Peace,
                                                        Glen Nuttall

"Courageous Knowledgeable People,
               United Compassionate World,
                              Committed Responsible Future"

"Out of Respect for Diversity
           comes Recognition of Fundamental Freedoms,
                      Individual Rights,
                                 and Legitimate Responsibilities"

"In the common interest of a Lasting World Peace
                      through a Unified Planetary Assembly"