< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: human rights and national sovereignty/ is an oxymoron

by Bagelhole1

30 April 1999 20:56 UTC

<
> what is needed is a democratic and legitimate world government and a
> process of world law that is just and has the power of enforcement.
> that is a long-term goal to be sure, but we will not have justice or
> peace until that goal has been made real.
>
> chris chase-dunn

I just jumped in here by chance, but how sad, to encounter such a hopelessly,
uninformed and naive statement. All governments corrupt. If they are not
corrupt now ( which they all are), they will be. You know, "Absolute power
corrupts absolutely". So, if you want a quick route to world totalitarianism
set up a "World gov't.". No, there is only one real solution, IMHO, the
opposite of what exists today, 180 degrees. That means the end to all
sovereign entities. Sovereignty is what should not be tolerated, much less be
promoted.

Sovereign entities are responsible for war, humger, and torture. Yet you
tolerate them and accept them, take them for granted just like the air you
breathe. What is the bridge from here to there (violence to justice)? Laying
the groundwork for self-sustaining, mutually co-operative, non-sovereign,
consensus-based, small communities is the proactive, grass-roots way, which
the progressive community hasn't figured out yet. Because idiocy rules in
every group and throughout the world. That is why I expect this to be largely
ignored. But every once in a while, the swine are fed pearls.

If you don't find this too offensive, you might visit my website:
<A HREF="http://bagelhole.hypermart.net/">http://bagelhole.hypermart.net/</A>
.. and discover the joy of global collaboration.

						One family,

						Tom O (bagelhole1)