< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: propaganda

by Richard N Hutchinson

30 April 1999 01:45 UTC

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Juan Luis Chulilla Cano wrote:

> First of all, I am a leftist
>
> BUT
>
> all of you, american leftist, have readed "hommage to Catalonia" by
> Orwell?

Interesting point, but weren't the pro-Republican Brigades fighting
Franco's *army*?

They weren't raining bombs down on Spanish *civilians* were they?

They weren't trying to reduce the country to the level of the Dark Ages,
as Thomas Friedman the New York Times columnist the other day said NATO
should do to Serbia, were they?  (So much for a war of civilization
against barbarians.)

Beware false historical analogies.

Richard Hutchinson