< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

propaganda

by Juan Luis Chulilla Cano

30 April 1999 01:10 UTC

First of all, I am a leftist

BUT

all of you, american leftist, have readed "hommage to Catalonia" by
Orwell?

I suppose that most of you have readed "1984", which is directly
inspirated in Orwell's experiences during Spanish Civil War. I know that
my two letters are refered to that episode. Well, it's quite important
for my country and the spaniards, but I also find dangerous parallelism
between some of the pro-serbian posting and Orwell's denounces. Rooted
parallelisms, since nothing of the old communist regime, except its
dirty methods, survive. A communist regime, when prime minister's wife
controls one of the most important parties, and her sons controls some
of the most important companies? Ok, now tell me about the martians.

Have you heard about doublethinking? After ten years of massacres in Old
Yugoslavia, who is the main aggressor? You, who appeals to UN
procedures, should have a look to ACNUR and the Hage registers. I think
that just doublethinking let denounce NATO agressions and let avoid to
talk in the same proportion about Milosevic's regime agressions.

One of the funniest things of all of this is that some of the most acid
(but not critical, oh, no!) have been written by you, american leftist,
who never suffered a REAL suppression and political prosecution like we
the Spanish leftist (ok, I'm too young, but I could tell you some
stories and describe you what prosecution means).

What happen with your sense of critic, leftist? Can you only be critic
against USA, as the kids are with the police?

Best regards

Juan Luis Chulilla Cano
Doctorate student at Social Anthropology department
Complutense University, Madrid
jenofon@idecnet.com