< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: NYT: Andes Battle: Right vs. Left vs. Civilians vs. Troops

by Commandante Null

26 March 1999 19:54 UTC

Watching it from a .mil or intel perspective I would have to agree with
your note. I started a "demonization of FARC" file a few months ago. The US
couldn't have asked for better luck than the alleged killing of the
American indig. activists.  Then again, maybe the US did ask. FARC doesn't
have the Internet Capability that the Zapatista's have to get their side of
the story out. A bad mistake in the age of infowar.

Judging from reports of changes in tactics by the Colombian Army I would
suspect that there are some empty barracks that some Elite U.S. Special
Forces used to occupy. It's three o'clock do you know where your Seal Team
is?;)
Rs,
Null

At 10:28 AM 3/26/99 -0600, you wrote:
>        [NOTE: The signs are all there: public opinion is being
>        prepared for a military intervention in Colombia.   -DG]
>
>                        ===============================================
>                        "As the Colombian situation deteriorates and it
>                        becomes clear that it cannot be resolved simply
>                        by the Colombians, that may bring neighboring
>                        countries together to work out a coordinated,
>                        sustained response."
>_________________       ===============================================
>NEW YORK TIMES
>
>Friday, 26 March 1999
>
>                Andes Battle: Right vs. Left
>                  vs. Civilians vs. Troops
>* Visit the website of CSN's Champaign-Urbana (Illinois) chapter at   *
>* http://www.prairienet.org/csncu  Subscribe to the COLOMBIA BULLETIN *
>* For free copy and info contact CSN, P.O. Box 1505, Madison WI 53701 *
>* or call (608) 257-8753  fax: (608) 255-6621  Email: csn@igc.apc.org *
>* Visit the COLOMBIA SUPPORT NETWORK at http://www.igc.org/csn        *
>* Visit the COLOMBIAN LABOR MONITOR at http://www.prairienet.org/clm  *

NPC Information Associates