< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

LASA session on privatization

by christopher chase-dunn

08 February 1999 14:11 UTC

Please respond to Dag MacLeod.

Dear WSN List,

I'm considering organizing a panel on privatization for the Latin
American Studies Association's next conference which will be in Miami,
March 16-18, 2000. I'm interested in knowing in advance if there are any
of you
out there who
1) are doing research on privatization in Latin America and
2) plan on attending LASA and would be interested in participating in
such a
panel. Topics could range from the social and/or economic consequences
of
privatization, the bureaucratic underpinnings of privatization, the
international dimension of privatization and beyond.

Thanks,

Dag MacLeod
Department of Sociology
The Johns Hopkins University