Re: (Fwd) human rights doc

Thu, 10 Sep 1998 11:26:14 +0100
Mark Jones (Jones_M@netcomuk.co.uk)

Dennis R Redmond wrote:

> what's the agenda of
> the Russian CP nowadays? To sit around and complain about Yeltsin's
> arteries? Why aren't they talking about delinking Russia from the
> neoliberal economy and relinking it to the EU social democracies?

Dennis, I never met anyone who actually lives in Europe who shares your
extraordinary delusions about European social democrats. Are you
suggesting that German and French capitalism is not at least 60% to
blame for what has happened in Russia since 1991? What do you think the
Know How funders, the Brussels 'aid' programmes, the flood of cheap
hooch, the flood of cheap food imports -- was all about? And in any case, why
woulod anyone prefer Germany or Japan to the USA? Do you think the
Germans and Japanese do? Didn't you notice their preference for Hollywood?

Mark