Re: living people's concrete problems

Sun, 19 Jul 1998 12:27:48 -1000
Jay Hanson (j@qmail.com)

From: Mark Jones <Jones_M@netcomuk.co.uk>

>environmental conservation. But Marx certainly did not believe in endless
>economic growth as a panacea for human ills and was extremely aware of the
>dangers to the environment of unbridled growth and despoliation of natural

William Ophuls:

"Karl Marx was even more utopian than either Locke or Smith, for he
envisioned
the eventual abolition of scarcity. He merely insisted that, on grounds of
social
justice, the march of progress be centrally directed by the state in the
interest of
those whose labor actually produced the goods."

I haven't noticed you folks calling for reductions in standards-of-living.

Did I miss something?

Jay