Re: Pentagon Plan Would OK Bets on Terrorism
by Alan Spector
29 July 2003 17:26 UTC

Given the common practice of "insider trading" , where those with insider information, or worse, with the ability to influence various business outcomes, buy and sell stock based on that information (essentially betting on an outcome that they fixed).......well, it raises some interesting possibilities if the Pentagon and various other military and intelligence interests are promoting betting on various outcomes......

Alan Spector

----------------------------
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 10:53 AM
Subject: Re: Pentagon Plan Would OK Bets on Terrorism

Where can I place my bet?  I would like to bet that George W. Bush will commit suicide and Dick Cheney will become CEO of USA, Inc.  Surely the Pentagon believes in free market principals and would not constrain any *futures contracts* to political events in the Middle East? I figure if enough of us become heavily invested in that proposition,  then Bush, being a politician, will have to act in accordance with this informal, monetarily centered poll.

But look at it this way, if the wealthy are able to put up funds which may contribute to illegal activities, such as the private war that was waged out of the White House basement during the Reagan years, and did so on a broad market scale, then perhaps the CIA would have sufficient funds available at it's disposal to carry out such operations without having to earn their black ops funds through drug running activities.

KR