Re: The consequences of invasion (fwd)
by KenRichard2002
23 July 2003 14:25 UTC

Actually,  world population projects have been revised downwards due to the AIDS crisis.  Globally,  western populations are having fewer children.   Their population increases are the result of migration.  I personally don't believe that it is coincidental that the fear of a population bomb in the developing world has been countered by a deadly and pernicious virus which is predominantly attacking those very populations.
My view is this:   If man originated in Africa,  a descendant of the primates,  then man has been living pretty close to the primates since he began.  And if SIV and HIV had been around for very long,  then mankind's earliest populations probably would have never made it out of southern africa to populate the rest of the world.  From what I understand,  SIV in primates is different from what it once was decades ago.  Prior to this change,  primates did not die from the disease.   The idea that the disease began in or around 1958 would still suggest that it is a very new disease,  one which began after WWII,  and all those dreadful experiments conducted on human beings, by the Japanese in Manchuria and the Germans in their medical experiments in the death house...  I think governments and human beings are capable of a lot of pretty horrendous stuff.   As far as the green house gases and the warming of the climates goes,  well,  a lot of white people seem to be coming down with melanoma, particularly in regions outside of Northern Europe for some strange reason...  If caucasians manage to survive in Africa, Australia and the Carribbean for a thousand years or so one might imagine their skin tone might *evolve* considerably.

KR