...but how is it to be realized....
by Nemonemini
23 July 2003 01:24 UTC

In a message dated 7/22/2003 2:27:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time, larondin@yahoo.com writes:

This is an important aim; but how shall it be realized?  What means must be taken to work toward - and ultimately bring about - this goal?  Is it acceptable to rid our world of the problems arising from nationalism, class distinction, et al, in order to embrace the future [when this might necessitate a policing force of worldwide scale to keep such social features and their associated problems from resurfacing again]?  Might this aim not require a kind of global “dictatorship of the proletariat” in order to keep these social phenomena in check and keep the dream of this ideal alive?  These may be very good goals to strive for; but it appears care must be taken so that individual freedom and democracy are maintained in the face of impulses to possibly short-shrift them so as to more quickly and efficiently attain this social objective.  How do we address these questions?  That’s my query here for us in enunciating such an ideal.

I agree, how is it to be realized?!  We can at least keep an idea alive, and make sure we see the way in which theories have done a disservice to the goals of the left.
We all know by now how hard it is to get any discussion going on the flaws in leftist Marxism. The same mix of Engels and Lenin (and Marx's later confusions in Capital) dominates all talk of change on the old left, and everyone slowly but surely gives up leaving the field to the diehard propagandists.

I think the eonic model is useful for depriving people of their incorrect theories here, but of course that simply provokes the big freeze of silence.
Most diehard leftists, as I have learned, court theorists for one reason only, soft core front promotion.
I suppose one's fate at the crucial moment would be what Castro dished out to his idealist supporters in the 'transition'.

We need a complete bath of nineteenth century junk.

John Landon
http://eonix.8m.com
http://blog.transeonix.com
Beta Project for