Globalization? Protectionism!
by n0705590
20 June 2003 08:34 UTC

Dear friends,

I was just wondering if any of you could indicate reliable soruces regarding
the fluctuation of trade barriers and tarrifs imposed on goods.  Moreover I
was just wondering if any of you knew of any study or reaserch exploring the
links between protectionism and migration, a hugely important topic.  There
was a very good documenteary here in France (Arte) on CAP (Common Agricoltural
Policy) as a cause of North African emigration towards Europe.  I vaguely
remember someone posting in this forum some links to websites containing data
on relevant to world systems analysis.

Given the importance of the topic, I was considering initiang a research
proghramme, should there be gaps in the literature.