Re: altermondialistes, altermondialisation, altermondialisme (Le Monde)
by btws549
06 June 2003 05:19 UTC

I think of globalization of the few as the dominance of political and economic
strengths of the elites and their relentless or ongoing accumulation of wealth
and capital through this process. So this is nto only political, it entails
corporatist and narrow interests as well.
As for "true globalization", there is seriously no such thing if the definition
of this is increasing interconnectedness in the various spheres of society.
Globalization includes destructive forces as well as constructive ones, so this
surely can't be for all? There would be resistance and acceptance, support and
opposition everywhere.
There has been too much emphasis on the politcal and economic aspects of
globalization. Many other areas like the environment and social stability are
paid only lip service by the developed nations of today, only settling such
things on local levels and also only doign SOMETHING about them for electoral
purposes. And now with the UN being sidelined by the US and all major
international institutions losing credibility, there is no world polity in
sight, IMO.There would be increasing world chaos and dissatisfaction.

Justin

----- Forwarded message from Evgeni Nikolaev <evgnikolaev@ukr.net> -----