Morgan Stanley on US hegemony.
by Tom Griffin
13 May 2003 01:42 UTC

"Can a saving-short US economy continue to finance an ever-widening expansion of its military superiority? My answer is a resounding “no.” The confluence of history, geopolitics, and economics leaves me more convinced than ever that a US-centric world is on an unsustainable path."

http://www.morganstanley.com/GEFdata/digests/20030512-mon.html#anchor0

I thought this article by Morgan Stanley economist Stephen Roach might be of interest. It perhaps shows that people coming from a radically different value perspective have come to similar empirical conclusions to Wallerstein.

Regards,
Tom Griffin